Friday, July 31, 2009

A Familiar Place but I'm a Stranger in It

It's the Apocolyps. Have I changed? what is it? This is just weird....
I was talking to an old (I suppose) friend. We used to be super close, it took years for me to truly understand her. I used to know her the best, I knew when she needed time alone and I knew when she needed attention and had to be pressed to let her heart out. Things are different now, I hate to admit it, but I can' stand her. Something inside me just snapped today when I was talking to her on the phone, it was her lack of understanding me. I felt like I've tried all these years to try and understand her, but she didn't take time to understand who i am. The person I've changed to.
I'm either very ahead of her and on a different level or I'm far behind her....I can't help but feel bad as i admit these thoughts were drifting in my head. Do I put myself too high up a pedastool , is that why I feel this way? Maybe I've just experienced so much that whatever we talk about doesn't seem to relate. The silence on the phone used to be an understood silence, now it's an awkward silence. She seemed to want to brush me off on the phone today and truthfully I did too.
You should really listen when people tell you friends come and go. because they really do and that's what they've been doing my whole life. It's sad to admit, but I don't have one friend at all from childhood.

I guess Unfimilarity is Familiar to me.

1 comments:

Shruti Bhiwandiwala said...

i could just tell you this much...i don;t know you, but it's exactly what i'm going through...this may sound lame, but my mom told me that the only friends you really have for life are the one's you make when you're older...they're the one's who stick around when trouble comes calling...don;t worry. just take things as they come...i'm going through the EXACT same thing. :)

Post a Comment