Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The End of an Era.


This is it, it's officially over, 12 years of education and this is what it all sums up to. Years ago I would have been more than happy to have this moment here, to finally be done with the tedious work, but now that I'm actually graduated I feel like it just went by too fast.
I'm not saying that my school years were horrible, all in all I think that it was altogether pretty good. I think it was a good mixture of things, a bout of lonliness here, a couple years of popularity there, a heap of mean girl action, a dash of smart assery and a spice of awesome exchange students to mix it up a little.
Now that I reach this point all I can feel is gratitude after all my years of complaining. I used to want to go to public school, I thought it would be everything movies were made of. Popular cheerleaders, competitive sports, geeky band team etc...But I'm kind of happy my mom forced me into private education for my whole life. I'm especially happy with where I graduated from too, the collegiate was honestly the best school I've ever been to. It looked like hogwarts inside and out, it had halls named after people in harry potter (lockhart, riddell...)
Anyways I just wanted to say that although I do complain a lot, a part of me is going to miss this shitty city. I was born and raised here, so essentially this place will be part of my forever. It's who made me into the person I am and quiet frankly I like that.
In a few months I'll be shipped away to Ottawa to spend the next 4 years of my life doing who knows what. I'm really excited and happy to leave, but I'm sad at the same time, because it's an end of an era. Life after this will never be the same. Everyone's going their seperate paths, some to julliard, concordia others to queens and in all honestly our paths will probably never meet again. As melodramatic as I may sound, it's true, it's sad and it's a fact of life.
I guess it's good bye.
bye high school
bye juniour highand elementary
bye uw collegiate, st. maurice and st. emile
bye childhood, I guess I've finally realized I'm growing up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment